Awards & Promotions
The mission of the Regional Recognition Office is to promote member engagement and retention by celebrating core Star Trek values such as service, exploration, mutual understanding, and personal improvement. The Regional Recognition Officer oversees the Regional Awards Program and assists the Regional Coordinator in identifying members who should be nominated for Flag Rank promotions.
Region Eight members who are also STARFLEET members in good standing are eligible for recognition.
- There are 18 awards, which can be organized into six dimensions:
- service to humanity (blue)
- physical wellbeing (goldenrod)
- education (orange)
- service to the region (green)
- faithful performance of duties (red)
- special commendations (black)
- Members may self-nominate or be nominated by any other STARFLEET member.
- Please see Introducing the Awards to familiarize yourself with the different options and the Awards Handbook for complete criteria. Then contact the Regional Recognition Officer for a nomination form.
- 2/10/2020 -- 16 Awards Announced. Congratulations to the recipients!
- 1/9/2020 -- 8th Fleet Flag Rank Promotion Nomination Policy adopted
- 1/1/2020 -- Awards Program Initial Lookback Nomination Period Closed
- 11/4/2019 -- Awards Program Announced
As a part of STARFLEET, promotions in Region Eight are governed by the policies laid out on page 12 of the member handbook.
- Promotions up to the rank of O-5 (Commander / Lieutenant Colonel) are issued by the Commanding Officer of a Chapter. Check with your CO for their policies and expectations. (If you are not part of a chapter, please email the Regional Recognition Officer or the Regional Coordinator.)
- Promotion to the rank of O-6 (Captain / Colonel) is usually issued by the Regional Coordinator. Check with your CO when you are approaching this benchmark or reach out to the Regional Recognition Officer and s/he can guide you on the next steps.
- Promotions to the rank of O-7 (Fleet Captain / Brigadier) and above can only be issued by the Executive Committee of STARFLEET, after the member has been nominated and met certain requirements. We have created this document to clarify the Region Eight policies regarding nominations for Flag Rank promotions.
Please contact the Regional Recognition Officer (Captain Rachel Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.